Saturday 23 September 2017

Dreamy Memory

*BEEP* *BEEP* BEEP*
The alarm clock rings. I extend my hand to turn it off. Whilst doing that, I pull my blanket tighter, turn the other way and continue sleeping.

*BEEP* *BEEP* *BEEP*
Darn alarm clock goes off again. I turn it off and grouchily pull myself up. Slowly, I open my eyes, and realize, I'm back in my old room.
I stand up in a hurry, suddenly feeling woozy because of it, but I didn't care as I rush downstairs to see if its really true.
I couldn't believe my eyes! My aunt was there, with my little one. I saw my sister in a corner, settling her last minute office work.
My aunt looks at me and asks "eh you no work ah?" I couldn't reply her because I was ecstatic seeing them there. I rush towards the little one, carrying her in a swift motion and looked out the window and saw my other two babies; my dogs.

*BEEP* *BEEP* BEEP*

I hear it again. Weird. Didn't I turn off my alarm clock? I put my little one down, with her telling me "go akka go." I made my way upstairs again as my aunt and sister look up at me and smile.

I grab my phone. Hmmm. The alarm stopped.

*BEEP* *BEEP* *BEEP.

I gasp.

My eyes open and I look around. It wasn't my old room. This is the present, realization sinks in as my eyes start watering.
The alarm still goes on. I turn it off and wipe my tears.

It wasn't just a dream, it was a memory.

A beautiful memory.